|All categories (3)|
Hello, dear webmasters and bloggers!
Going further with our mini-news... The other day we got first visitors from Google; that makes us optimistic.
What’ next? We are working at a new nice feature at the moment, which is very helpful for us, webmasters. This is going to be useful for anyone who works on a professional level or just wants to bring one’s personal sites/blogs to SEO perfection. Stay with us and... Don’t forget to register – our “First 50 users” auction is in full swing, you still have a chance for Silver Group!
The meaning of a blog, originally, was to write about happenings, experiences and personal thoughts.
So this is NaijaWeb`s blog about development of the site.Planned official launch was the 15. of march 2014.
To prevent content scrapping (copying of content) we put the site online silently (no backlinks, just entry in google) to get it indexed
on the 12./13. of march.
The main pages linked in the menu were indexed surprisingly fast, after some sleep even the first articles appeared in the search.
(One of the things I really love in this business is, that it goes on while I`m sleeping)
First SEO analyseson the first day (15. of march):
We rank - but very low. With intent, we didnt focus on any onpage SEO yet - there was a lot of content to make, functionality to test...
So while vita is adding and optimizing titles and describtions, I`m analysing our main keywords positions.
The first challenge here is to find a tool (among hundreds), with the option for "google.com.ng", to check the rankings (positions) in Nigerian Internet.
I found some, but the information provided doesn't look reliable (compared with my incognito mode+proxy), so I will post some links in the tools category after testing.
Finally, we introduced our NaijaWeb site to Google yesterday. It was funny.
I submitted the website to the search engine and in 10 minutes (!) the homepage was indexed and listed in the search with site:naijaweb.net, as if Google had been just waiting for the “permission” to crawl (it was not allowed to do it due to the robots.txt earlier).
Then something went wrong in the site map, after I had submitted it to GWT (Google Webmaster Tools), and we were changing and repairing it on the fly. Every time something was changed online, I refreshed the page in the GWT and new results were shown every 1-2 minutes. I think, the Google crawler was just hanging out together with us to get the proper site map and go finally...
Anyway, we managed the first step: there are more than 120 crawled pages today, yeah!